The Accounting Manager is responsible for performing day-to-day general ledger accounting, financial reporting, analysis of assigned functions, and supervising of accounting personnel.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Communicate with Managers and accounting personnel relating to financial close, month end timing, and any potential issues relating to month end processing.
- Manage and evaluate the performance of Staff Accountants, recommending and implementing personnel actions (staffing levels, promotions, performance issues, etc).
- Perform month end close processes through the completion of journal entries, preparation of financial statements and other close procedures. Perform Balance Sheet account reconciliations, account analysis, accrual calculations, and other related accounting documents/schedules. Analyze, interpret, and communicate cost and expense variances to the Director, Financial Reporting. Perform cost allocations according to company procedures.
- Preparation of financial plans and budgets.
- Preparation of materials for the year-end audit.
- Oversee all reporting related to our group selling organization.
- Oversee the preparation and filing of corporate sales tax returns. Manage any refund or audit requests.
- Oversee and distribute commission reporting. Communicate monthly commissions to the Payroll department.
- Oversee customer reporting including ad hoc reporting.
- Monitor daily banking activity and report variances.
- Process wire transfers as needed.
- Maintain Accounting Records for required time terms
- Protects Company’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned by Regional Controller and/or Director of Accounting.
Competencies, Skills and Abilities
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong analytical skills
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner that fosters positive relationships with internal (company personnel) and external (vendors) customers.
- Excellent math skills including arithmetic, calculus, statistics and their applications
- Superior Working knowledge and understanding of economic accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking, and the analysis of financial data
- Ability to lead a team professionally and effectively to achieve maximum productivity
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of GAAP
- Working knowledge of business and management principles
- 10-Key proficiency of 8,000+ KSPH
- Advanced proficiency with MS Word, Excel, & Outlook
- Understanding of databases and queries
- Easily learn and adapt to new accounting software
- Excellent communications skills both written and oral
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively with others
- Ability to multi-task at a high level
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong sense of ownership
- Excellent sales & customer service attitude
- Ability to take initiative
- Ability to work independently
- Desire to learn about the foodservice business
- Understanding of integrated systems
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 5+ years Accounting experience, including exposure to billing and accounts payable functions
- 1-3 years Financial analysis experience
- 1-3 years Accounting Manager experience, including the oversight of billing and accounts payable functions
- Working in a sales and distribution environment
- Previous experience with AS400 or similar “green-screen”, F-Key operated system
- Previous experience with Oracle JD Edwards
To apply for this postion, complete and upload the form below as well as your resume: